Get Your Flu Vaccine in Birmingham
Getting the flu vaccination is a good idea and we provide the flu vaccine in Birmingham directly from our pharmacy.
If you are worried about catching the flu or you are concerned about having time off work. Or maybe you just want to make sure you do not pass it on to the more vulnerable members of your family. Whatever the reason, having the flu vaccine against this year’s strain of seasonal flu can give you protection and peace of mind. Flu will often get better on its own, but it can make some people seriously ill. It’s important to get the flu vaccine if you’re advised to.
Who can get the free NHS vaccine?
We give NHS flu jabs to people aged 18 years and older who are eligible to receive the jab for free.
The NHS flu jab for the 2021/22 flu season is eligible for:
– Adults 50 and over
– People with certain medical conditions (including children in at-risk groups from 6 months of age)
– Pregnant women
– People living with someone who’s at high risk from coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list)
– Frontline health or social care workers
If you do not qualify for a free NHS flu jab we can still provide you with a private flu vaccination and this applies for both under and over 50s.
Who shouldn’t have the flu jab?
Most people can have a flu vaccine. However, there are a couple of exceptions:
– If you are currently unwell with a fever, you should delay getting the flu jab.
– If you have an egg allergy, speak to your GP or pharmacist before getting the jab.